Father's DayMessagesfor Every Dad
There’s no one quite like your dad and, other than his birthday, there’s no better reason to spoil him than Father’s Day. Whether he’s dad, grandad or might-as-well-be dad, they hold an important place in our hearts. That’s why we’ve put together some inspiring suggestions to help you write the perfect Father’s Day message. And the best part? You get all the credit.
FATHER'S DAY MESSAGES AND QUOTES
Father’s Day messages should come from the heart – but sometimes, the brain needs a little help. With busy work weeks, families and everything else that happens in life, suddenly June shows its unexpected face and it’s Father’s Day already, on Sunday 18th June 2023.
It’s important to say how we feel – however we want to say it. Whether you take your dad for a tasty meal, treat him to a day at the footie, gift grandad a bunch of flowers or simply package a few choice beverages (or buy a hamper pre-filled with tasty treats!) – wrap it all up with the perfect words to say you care.
Short Father's Day Messages
If your Dad is a man of few words, keep the message for his Father's Day card short and sweet.
Thanks for everything you do for me, Dad.
I'm so proud to be your son/daughter - you're my hero.
Happy Father's Day, Dad - you're the best!
Anyone can be a father, but it takes a special man to be a Dad.
Thanks for being there for us, Dad - we are forever grateful.
Here's to you, Pops - a day to celebrate how special you are.
Thanks for always being there and being my biggest supporter.
I'm so lucky to have you in my life. Happy Father's Day!
Father's Day Quotes
Sometimes it can be hard to find the perfect Father's Day message. Take inspiration from these heartfelt Father's Day quotes to put in your Father's Day card.
"A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” – Emile Gaboriau
"Any fool can have a child. That doesn’t make a father. It’s the courage to raise a child that makes you a father." —Barack Obama
"Life doesn’t come with an instruction book — that’s why we have fathers." —H. Jackson Browne
"Lately all my friends are worried they're turning into their father's. I'm worried I'm not." - Dan Zevin
FATHER'S DAY MESAGES FROM A DAUGHTER
Whether you're near or far, the relationship between father and daughter is special. It's time to let dad know how much he means to you this Father's Day.
- Wishing the best dad ever a wonderful Father’s Day.
- Of all the amazing dads in the world, I’m lucky to have the best one.
- I appreciate all the things you do, even if they sometimes go unnoticed.
- You’re the best dad a gal could ask for.
- Happy Father’s Day to the number one dad. I wouldn’t change you for the world.
- For the dad who’s always a shoulder to cry on and a person to laugh with – thanks for being there for me.
- You’re more than just a dad, you’re my best friend and mentor. Thanks for being you.
- Even though we sometimes bicker, everyone knows that thieves are thicker.
- Love you Dad – there’s no one I’d rather fight over the TV remote with.
- Thank you for encouraging my dreams and supporting me through my hardest challenges.
- To a one-of-a-kind dad on Father’s Day, I love you to the moon and back.
From teaching me to swim to tying my laces, thanks for teaching me all the important stuff.
- For the dad that builds the best princess castles and pirate forts a kid could ask for. You rock!
- You were always there for me when I needed you most, and for that I’m always grateful.
- You’re like a dad to me. Thank you for being such an important part of my life.
- Whoever said diamonds were a girl’s best friend got it wrong. In my case, it’s you.
FATHER'S DAY MESAGES FROM A SON
Father-son relationships are very special. Sometimes, you’re more like competitive best mates than anything else. Here are a few ideas to inspire you this Father’s Day.
- To a superhero dad on Father’s Day.
- Thanks for always believing in me and cheering me on.
- If I end up half the man you are, it’s more than I could ask for. Happy Father’s Day.
- Here’s to the best dad around! You’re my best pal.
- Happy Father’s Day to the top dog with the best skills.
- Have a great Father’s Day Dad – the next round is on me.
- Thanks for all the laughs, jokes and kickabouts over the years. They’ll always mean the world to me.
- For teaching me everything I needed to know in life and how to be an amazing dad – I got it all from you.
- Happy Father’s Day to the man I look up to each day.
- To all the snowball fights and footie games in the garden, thanks for bringing so much fun into our lives.
- For being my greatest role model, I don’t know what I’d do without you.
- Thanks for always putting in the time for my dreams and hobbies, even if it meant pausing yours.
- I’ll never meet a better dad, friend or life coach than you. As a father, I’ll have some pretty big boots to fill.
- For supporting me through thick and thin, helping me achieve my ambitions and always being there for me. Thanks for being such an amazing dad.
- You taught me how to be a better person, by learning from the best.
FUNNY FATHER'S DAY MESSAGES
Is your dad the king of cheesy dad-jokes? Channel your inner comedian and make him chuckle with a funny message for his Father's Day card. Here's some inspiration to get you started.
- Happy Father’s Day to the best dad in the world – and coincidentally, mine!
- To the dad whose hugs are better than his cooking, thanks for being the best.
- Happy Father’s day from your favourite child (don’t deny it)
- Thanks for teaching me life’s important lessons, like how to parallel park and grumble at the TV.
- To the world’s most okay dad – Happy Father’s Day!
- Thanks for being the best free taxi service a kid could ask for. You always get a five-star rating from me.
- Happy Father’s Day, Dad. You must be pretty great because I came out fantastic.
- For a glorified money bank and bag carrier – you’re not half bad. Happy Father’s Day to a cracking dad.
- Happy Father’s Day to the grooviest grandad there ever was – we love you!
- I didn’t think anyone could be as funny as you. Until I looked in the mirror, of course.
- I tried to think of a sick burn, but your roast potatoes get burnt enough. But we still love you!
- There’s no one I’d rather let snore through a movie night. The popcorn is on me!
- Thanks for your cheesy jokes all these years. Unlike you, they never get old!
- To the dad with the coolest record collection – can I borrow a few?
- Thanks for always sharing your midnight snacks with me after I said I wasn’t hungry.
- I’d be lost without you Dad – and without the SatNav, we’d all be lost! Happy Father’s Day.
FATHER'S DAY MESSAGES FOR GRANDAD
Father's Day isn't just a day to celebrate dads - it's a chance to celebrate grandads too. Whether you're looking for a simple or heartfelt message, we've rounded up the best messages for all grandads, gramps, pops and grandpas.
- You put the grand in grandad - thanks for everything.
- You always say wisdom comes with age - you must be really old!
- Happy Father's Day gramps! Thanks for buying me treats (and not telling mum/dad!)
- Happy Father’s Day to the best grandpa in the world!
- To Grandad, thanks for raising me and making me the man/woman I am today. Happy Father's Day.
- Where would we be without you? Thanks for everything you do for us.
FATHER'S DAY MESSAGES FOR SOMEONE LIKE A DAD
Show your appreciation to someone who is like a dad this Father's Day. Whether they're a step-dad, an uncle or a father figure who has been there for you through thick and thin, take time to write them a heartfelt message to say thanks for all they do.
- To my might-as-well-be dad, you’re the best – thank you for everything.
- Happy Father's Day to my my unofficial dad!
- Thank you for stepping in and supporting me, you’ve been the best father figure - I couldn't ask for a better person to guide me.
- We may not be father and son by blood, but you are the best dad I could have ever wished for.
- You may not be “dad” by name, but you are still my father. Happy Father’s Day.
- You’re the kind of man everyone needs in their lives - thank you for being in mine.
FATHER'S DAY MESSAGES FOR FIRST TIME DADS
Whether they are a new dad or a soon-to-be dad, their first Father's Day is an extra special occasion. We've rounded up some of the best Father's Day messages for a first time dad.
- I know I’m new to the world, but I already know I've got the best dad in it!
- You might be learning your new role of dad, but you're pretty great at is.
- Happy first Father's Day - we'll treat you with a lie in!
- Happy soon-to-be Father's Day - our child already knows how special their dad is.
- I can't wait to meet you, Dad! Love from the bump x
- Here's to our next chapter - get your sleep in whilst you can!
- I know becoming a father might be nervewracking, but remember we are in this together - I know you'll be a fantastic dad.
- I can’t wait to see you be the father you’ve waited so long to be.