Mother's DayMessages & Quotes
40 Mother’s Day Messages & Quotes
She’s your hero, your best mate, your number one mum, but how do you tell her? What if you get the words wrong? Don’t panic, we’ve had a good rummage in the dictionary and put together a bumper list of messages to help you if you’re stuck. Add one of these heartfelt messages in a card to accompany your Mother's Day flowers or plant and it'll be sure to put a smile on her face.
SHORT MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES
- Mum, you’re the best. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to a real life wonder woman.
- Mum! You deserve more than just a day, but happy Mother’s Day!
- Mum, I’d be stuck without you – happy Mother’s Day
- Happy Mother’s Day to a magical, majestic, magnificent mum
- To the queen of all she surveys, happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mum ever
- Another word for mum? Superhero. Happy Mother’s Day!
- The woman, the legend, happy Mother’s Day
- Happy Mother’s Day to the loveliest of mums.
MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FROM A DAUGHTER
- Mum, thanks for being an amazing woman I can always look up to. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day mum, you’ve made me the girl I am today, where would I be without you?
- Mum you’ve shown me how it’s done, thank you for everything. Happy Mother’s Day.
MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FROM A SON
- Happy Mother’s Day to a lovely mum from your lovely son.
- Mum, I wouldn’t be half the man I am today without you, thanks for all you’ve done for me and happy Mother’s Day.
- 100% proud to be a mummy’s boy. Happy Mother’s Day mum, love you forever.
MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FOR SOMEONE LIKE A MUM
- You’ve been like a mum to me, so this day is for you too. Thank you for everything.
- To my might-as-well-be mum, you’re the absolute best – I love you.
- A mum always has your back, loves you no matter what, and always answers the phone – that makes you a mum in my eyes. Happy Mother’s Day, thank you for always being there for me.
- To my unofficial mum, you are officially amazing. Happy Mother’s Day, sending all my love.
- Thank you so so so so much for stepping in and supporting me, you’ve been a mum and more. Happy Mother’s Day!
MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FOR GRAN
- Happy Mother’s Day to the ultimate mother – I love you gran, thanks for keeping us all in line.
- To my best grandmum, happy Mother’s Day, thank you for everything. Love you loads.
- Gran, where would we be without you?! Lost for sure. Thank for all your love and support. Happy Mother’s Day.
- Grandma you’re the best, happy Mother’s Day.
- To the grandest of mothers, happy Mother’s Day!
MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES FOR NEW MUMS
- You’ve totally got this, promise! Happy Mother’s Day and well done for being such a brilliant new mum, we’re so lucky to have you.
- Who needs sleep anyway? Happy first Mother’s Day to a super hero new mum, you’re doing amazing.
- I am in awe of you and your strength. Happy First Mother’s Day to you, beautiful new mum.
- Happy Mother’s Day and welcome to motherhood! There’s no sleep but plenty of sweets and funny moments! We’re very happy to have you.
- To the best, most brilliant new mum, happy Mother’s Day. You’re a super star.
- You’ve got this mama, welcome to Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best new mum I know.
- Loads of love this Mother’s Day to a brilliant new mum.
FUNNY MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favourite child.
- Mum, thank you for everything, one day I will repay you – but I refuse to sign anything just yet, and I can’t pay interest.
- Happy Mother’s Day mum, you’re just totally amazing...at embarrassing us. Don’t worry, we still love you. But please no more baby pictures on Facebook.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a mum who must be the best, because she raised the best child.
- To the sender of the funniest messages in the group chat – happy Mother’s Day. (p.s. you pronounce it ‘meem’)
- Mum – look! I stopped looking at my phone long enough to write this! Happy Mother’s Day, I love you!
CUTE MOTHER’S DAY MESSAGES
- To my mum, my hero, my everything – I couldn’t do this without you, thank you for being the most wonderful woman. Happy Mother’s Day.
- I might be all grown up now but I promise I’m still your little one really. Happy Mother’s Day, I love you mum.
- Our rock and guiding light, mum, you really are the best. Sending all my love and hugs.
- Mum if you ruled the world everything would be just right. I love you, thanks for being amazing. Happy Mother’s Day.
- If I end up half the parent you are I’ll be doing alright. Thanks for always keeping us all going, rain or shine. Happy Mother’s Day!
QUOTES ABOUT BEING A MOTHER AND MOTHERHOOD
- “Motherhood brings you to your knees in a way that doesn't leave room for you to judge others. It makes you see that there's no ideal - a constant struggle, constantly compromising, but ultimate love.” – Maggie Gyllenhaal, actor
- “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey, writer and comedian
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power.” – Maya Angelou, writer (from I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings)
- “I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.” – E.M.Forster (from Howard’s End)
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” – Oscar Wilde (from The Importance of Being Earnest)