What to write ina thank you card
It’s important to take the time to say thank you to those around you. Whether you want to convey a thank you message to a teacher who made all the difference or let a mate know how grateful you are for them, a thank you card is a time old gesture that’ll leave them feeling all warm inside.
If you’re trying put your feelings into words, read on to get inspired with our best thank you messages for every situation.
Thank you teacher messages
You’ve made it to the end of the school year and you’re putting your schoolbooks away for the summer. But before you do, it’s time to say thank you to your teachers for everything they have done for you. Besides putting an apple on their desk, here are some lines you could put in your thank you card that’ll made their day.
- I will never forget our classes, thank you for making them so fun!
- Your belief in me means more than you’ll know.
- I couldn’t have made it through this year without you. Thank you for everything.
- You have helped shape who I am today.
- You put so much hard work into your lessons, and it doesn’t go unnoticed!
Maybe you want to thank a special teacher on your child’s behalf? Here are some ideas for how to say what you mean:
- Thank you so much for your kindness and patience this year.
- Another school year done! Thanks for everything you do.
- You’ve had such an impact on [name] - thank you!
- To a super teacher – thanks for everything!
- Thanks for all your support this year.
Thank you messages for birthday
If you’re grateful for someone special in your life, adding your thank you message to their birthday card is a great chance to let them know. Do they never fail to put a smile on your face? Does your day get brighter when they call you up? Return the favour with a thank you message on their special day.
- Happy birthday to the best friend anyone could ask for – thank you for being you.
- You always know how to make me laugh, you’re the best.
- Thank you for always being there for me, I hope you have the most amazing day.
- Enjoy your big day and go wild – you deserve it!
- Happy birthday! I’m so glad we met – you are amazing.
Thank you messages for support
Support can come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe a family member helped you move house or managed to keep your fish alive while you were on holiday. You might be thankful for a friend who has been kind to you, or a teacher who was patient. Having people around you that offer support is a great gift, so let them know how much they mean to you with a thank you message.
- Thank you for helping me out when it counted.
- You’re a star, thank you so much.
- I hope you know how much your support means to me.
- I’ve got to where I am today because of you.
- You’ve been the best. I owe you one!
Thank you messages for a parent
Parents do a lot for us, and it can be nice to return the favour. You might be thanking your parents on Father’s Day or Mother’s Day, reaching out to a parental figure in your life, or even feeling thankful for your in-laws. If you’re looking for something to put in their card, take a look at our suggestions to let them know how you feel.
- I’ve learnt so much from you, thank you.
- You’ve helped me grow into the person I am today.
- Thank you for all your guidance and support.
- You give the best advice! Thank you.
- Thank you for being there for me every single day.
Thank you messages for a gift
If you’ve just received a gift, you might be looking to say thank you and show your appreciation. Whether your chums have pulled it out of the bag on your birthday, or you’re writing thank you cards after Christmas, it’s important to let people know their kindness hadn’t been ignored. Here are some lines to write in your thank you message.
- You made my birthday so special, thank you.
- My present is perfect, you know me so well.
- Thank you for coming to the party, it was great to see you.
- Thank you for your generosity – I love my gift.
- You put so much thought and effort into my present – I’m so grateful.
Flowers to say thank you
If you want to go a step further, a bunch of thank you flowers will certainly send the right message. Flowers bring instant joy and will remind your lucky receiver that you think they are fab whenever they see them. Discover the meanings behind flowers so you can choose a bunch that says thank you in just the right way.
Roses are known as a symbol of love, but this is not exclusive to romantic partners. Let your friends and family know you love and appreciate them with some roses too. Pink roses symbolise admiration, and peach roses are known to symbolise appreciation. Brightly coloured yellow roses are also associated with joy and friendship, ideal for letting someone know you are thankful for their friendship.
These beautiful climbing flowers have delicate stems and curved petals, coming in pinks, reds, blues and whites – to name a few. They are a great symbol of appreciation and can be used to let someone know you enjoy their company. Apart from their appearance, sweet peas are known for their deliciously sweet fragrance, bursting with scents of orange and rose.
These flowers can be given to a friend or family member to symbolise gratitude and thanks. They are particularly charming in pink, but are available in a wide range of colours, so pick a bunch in their favourite hue.
Bluebells are symbols of kindness and gratitude. If you’re wanting to say ‘thank you for your kindness and support’, these could be the right flower for the job. They work well as cut flowers, either by themselves in a large bunch, or slotted into a mixed bouquet for some beautiful pops of deep violet and blue.
No matter how small, a thank you gesture will never go unnoticed. If you want your thank you messages to be accompanied with a bunch of blooming beauties, explore our range of thank you flowers and spread the love.